Monday, November 7, 2016

A Testament of Devotion by Thomas R Kelly

A FB comment re a book someone had recommended.  

A Testament of Devotion by Thomas R Kelly is a great book. Among the best examples of someone's articulation of what finding and following the Spirit looks like in contemporary society. More and more I am realizing just how fortunate I have been to have my main spiritual fellowship be 12 step groups. Extremely fortunate because there are a lot of desperate cases that require finding some life saving connection to the Spirit in order to survive and the desperation often leads to dramatic and lasting connections. Being extremely desperate myself and searching high and low and everywhere else, including listening to 100s of the most successful in various 12 step fellowships over the last 50 years tell their stories of finding and following the Spirit (mostly thru recorded audio), I have learned how almost anything can be a path to or away from this Spirit. No matter how often I see or hear it though hearing someone articulate in their own words their own experience of finding and following is one of the most powerful and encouraging things for my own finding and following and then hopefully helping others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment