Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Terminology

Since it is probably confusing if I mean different things by different words, as most people would, I am including this post to provide clarification.

I mean the same thing or view the following as synonyms:



Deepest self, image of God imprinted deeply within us, our individual part of the Holy Spirit, Christ within, soul, source within, and sometimes heart or gut.  (If I talk about our indwelling spirit or simply spirit, I generally mean what radiates from any of those previously mentioned synonyms). 



The Entirety (sometimes with the additional of eternity in both ways), the Greatest Whole, the Father, the Source or the Source of All or the Source Beyond, the Body of Christ, or maybe most frequently as simply God.



When I talk of Jesus (as opposed to Christ) I am generally referring to Jesus as a human.  I generally only do this when agreeing with him that the path he taught to follow (not know or believe, but follow) is a path to all the above. 



Sometimes I chose which synonyms to use in order to go along with what I think is nearest to how most other people view things and sometimes I do the opposite to challenge people to think of things differently.  Please remember though that no human language can accurately or precisely describe most of these things.  The best we can hope to do is awaken a tiny sliver of our deep inherent image of God.  It is only by experiencing this image of God within and through it everything beyond us, that we know anything of the subject.  

No comments:

Post a Comment