Thursday, May 11, 2017

FB Comment

I do have a strong preference for myself and others to error on the side of being too nice, but I also fully agree that this can be just as much a way to avoid the very real fear, challenge and pain that make up the only reality we actually have irregardless of what we try to tell ourselves our reality is or should be. And either way it equally and unfairly pushes the negatives of our actual shared reality onto others and keeps us stuck with the avoidable consequences and pain of trying to avoiding it. In other words coddling ends up having the same effects on a society as the powerful rigging things in their favor and thus oppressing the less fortunate. And our particular society at this moment seems to have a great deal of both whom think only the other ideology is to blame. (And I should put in the disclaimer that I have been greatly coddled in ways that have helped me come around to some better ways after life made continuing the old way impossible and in ways that have allowed me to stay way too spoiled still.)

No comments:

Post a Comment